Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Are you offended?




MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Are you offended?
No? Good!
Yes? Well I'm offended that you're offended.
 
I don't understand how 2 words have become such a disgrace.
 
I grew up in this Country saying Merry Christmas as a child.
It was my norm. It made people smile. It made people feel good.
It made ME feel good.
We rarely say hello to one another now a days let alone Merry Christmas.
There's something wrong with that.
 
I mean some places have bans now for crying out loud.
No Christmas parties
No saying Merry Christmas
No decorating offices
No Christmas trees
Really???
 
I think it's a joke personally.
 
If someone wished me Happy Hanukkah I wouldn't be offended.
It's a hard thing to grasp that people are offended when I wish them joy over the holiday season.
It's a hard thing to grasp that people have nothing better to do than file a complaint over a Merry Christmas sign on a city bus because they "feel unwelcomed". See CBC News.
 
I don't understand why I have to change my traditions because some people don't believe in it.
If you don't believe in it, fine, but don't ruin it for everyone else.
I don't call for bans on the Chinese New Years, Hanukkah, Easter, etc.
I respect other people's religion, opinions, and beliefs.
I expect the same in return.
 
So what if I wish you a Merry Christmas.
It's been a saying/tradition that's been around since 1565.
I think there are more important issues to focus on.

So today, despite your religion, race, or culture...
I'm going to wish you
Merry Christmas!
Happy Holidays!
Seasons Greetings!
Happy Hanukkah!
and whatever else there is.. . why?
Because in the end, I just want you to have a good day.
Wow. I'm so horrible.
 




 

5 comments:

  1. Well said! Joyeux Noel! Surprised you didn't think of that one. HAHA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas :) I think its fine to say this or Happy Holidays, I think that people used to feel that their traditions were being ignored, but now we are pretty good at remembering everyone so no one shouldn't be allowed to say Merry Christmas... that whole bus thing was ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You my friend get a Merry HoHo! :)
      The bus this IS pretty ridiculous. Sigh.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...