I have been asked by sooo many people for this cookie recipe but I keep forgetting to give it out. Ooops. We learnt a lot when we were following the paleo lifestyle and have some favorite recipes that I want to share with everyone. These chocolate chips are one of them and they are so delicious.
Here is the recipe from the website we found it on and our modifications to it. Enjoy!
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (Pure vanilla can be expensive; we used the cheaper stuff when we didn't have any)
- 1 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips (You can use dark chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup melted Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup real Maple Syrup
- 2 whole Eggs (free range)
- 3 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl beat eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and beat with hand mixer until combined.
- Melt coconut oil, pour into batter, and continue to blend until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, drop balls of cookie dough, about a tablespoon in size.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and serve with coconut milk.
*This recipe is from The Food Lovers Kitchen http://beta.primal-palate.com/recipe/chocolate-chip-cookies/