Monday, October 1, 2012

Yummy desserts!

So I am now 18 weeks pregnant and should technically be eating better but seriously.. who can turn down yummy desserts. I have to admit, my husband was the one who came up with the idea of a baking night so I'm going to blame this on him :) The two desserts we chose are super easy to make.

WARNING: These are NOT healthy at all :)


I chose my absolute favorite chocolate frogs

 
 

  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup margarine
  • 2 cups sugar 
  • 6 tablespoons cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup coconut
  • 3 cups quick oats
 
Directions:
  • Mix milk, margarine, sugar, & cocoa in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir and becareful not to burn.
  • Add vanilla, coconut, & oats, mix thoroughly and drop from tablespoon onto wax paper or cookie sheets.
  • Chill to set and enjoy
 
 
His choice was Trix Krispies :)


They don't sell Trix in Canada anymore and I completely forgot about them until we went to Florida for our honeymoon and I stumbled upon them at the store :) Whenever my friend goes to the states, she tends to buy me a box :) I love her :)

  • 10 cups Trix
  • 400 gr marshmellow (we used almost double because we like it marshmellow-y)
  • 1/4 cup butter

Directions
Melt butter in large non stick saucepan on medium and add marshmellows.
Stir constantly and becareful, marshmellow burns easily.
Add Trix once all melted.
Spoon into a large greased (very important) pan. *Size really depends on how thick you want it

1 comment:

  1. I have some other "trix" up my sleeve, but it's a surprise.

    <3
    PS. you still need to make me some chocolate frogs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...