Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Who doesn't like homemade pizza?

You know what's awesome? Homemade food.
You know what's even better than homemade food? When someone else makes it for you.
But that wasn't the case Friday night. My hubby and I tackled homemade pizza and lasagna.
I actually helped. It's called team work. He does the work while I supervised.
Just kidding...
Since I got an iPad for Christmas, we decided to put my All Recipes app to good use!
I thought I would share the pizza recipe we used! Mmm.


Homemade Pizza
Changes we made are in pink
Recipe
Directions
 
     1. Pour the warm water into the pan of the bread machine, and add the flour on top of the water. Sprinkle with salt and sugar, and top with the yeast. Set the machine on the dough setting, and push the start button. When the machine signals that the dough is finished, transfer to a well-floured work surface.
I added approx 1- 2 tsp (each) of italian seasoning and garlic bits to the flour because we wanted a herb dough. Be careful; a little goes a long way.
 
     2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
 
      3. Roll or stretch the dough out into thin crust about 14 inches across. Leave dough thick at the edge. Place the dough onto a 14-inch pizza baking sheet, and brush the dough with the olive oil.
Make sure you really roll the dough if you want a thin crust. It might look thin but I found it was still a bit thick for us. Next time, we will go thinner.
We also couldn't find our pizza sheet so we used a cookie sheet. We brushed a bit of olive oil to the sheet so the dough wouldn't stick.
 
     4. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes before removing to top with desired ingredients for final baking.
For some reason it doesn't tell you how long to cook the pizza so I think it's based on how crispy you want it. We had it in there for approx 15-20 minutes and that was really crispy.
 
Enjoy!
 
                                                                         


I love our breadmaker.
 
 
Yummy herb dough.
 
 
We like different toppings.
 
  
Cosmo being a cutie pie while we waited.
 
 
Might not look pretty but it sure tasted delicious!
 
 
It tasted so good!
 
What's your favorite homemade dish?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...