Monday, November 19, 2012

Weekend = Twilight, Baby Clothes, & Microbes

Ooooh it's that time again..the start of another work week.Yesterday marked 25 weeks which means I'll be starting my mat leave in 58 days. But who's counting...Happy waddle dance.
That means I get 6 whole weeks (if Baby H cooperates) to relax and organize.

On to the weekend recap..

Friday
If my husband isn't working, Friday's usually involve relaxing, movies, and an early bedtime.
This time we watched Grey's since we missed it Thursday night. I have slowly brainwashed my husband into watching it with me mouhaha. You know the saying; a happy wife = a happy life.

Sleeping in doesn't exist anymore so I can't say I enjoy the weekends for that purpose. Pregnancy nose stuffiness is a bitch. Her and the constant urge to pee every 2-3 hours.
First suggestion: Don't drink a lot of water before bed.
It's quite annoying when you can't breathe out of your nose and your place is super dry, even with a humidifier. A really loud humidifier at that.
Second suggestion: Do your research and splurge on a quiet one.

Saturday
My morning started with some majoring cuddling with this cutie pie.
Seriously... how cute is he??
 

In the afternoon, we  decided to hit the mall for some Christmas shopping. We came across a new store which had the funniest/and slightly creepiest thing we've ever seen.

Welcome to the microbe stuffed animal section.

 Introducing from left to (top) right: Gonorrhea, Herpes, and the lovely Sperm.
Seriously.
 
They even had an HIV one. I'm a bit speechless. I mean, they are creepy cute but there's nothing like a kid going home to her parents with a stuffed sperm or telling her friends she got herpes on the weekend. What are your thoughts?

That night, after a year of waiting, Meghan and I went to see:


Oh.. I love me some Twilight.
You can read my review here. Don't worry, I don't spoil anything.

Sunday
I love spending money. Surprised? With a baby on the way, it's easy to splurge and overspend. As much as I love spending money, I love saving it more so buying used can be a wonderful thing, especially for babies. We checked out the local classifieds and visited 3 ladies who were selling baby clothes. Needless to say, we managed to pick up a "few" things.
Good thing we bought a dresser earlier in the day.

By Sunday night, I realized I didn't accomplish anything around the house.
I really need to write a to-do list and stick to it.
I love lists. They make me happy but only when I check things off.

Very long.
Sorry. I tried to shorten it as much as possible.
 
 
 



1 comment:

  1. hey I like the long posts :) Awesome review! can't wait to see the movie :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...