When my husband and I followed a paleo lifestyle earlier this year, we came across this recipe for chocolate chip cookies and made them every week. It's a great way to satisfy a sweet tooth in a healthier way. Since I'm a picky eater, I was really surprised that I loved them so much.
We made some slight modifications (pink) until we came up with something we really enjoyed.
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (Pure vanilla can be expensive; we used the cheaper stuff when we didn't have any)
- 1 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips (You can use dark chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup melted Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup real Maple Syrup
- 2 whole Eggs (free range)
- 3 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl beat eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and beat with hand mixer until combined.
- Melt coconut oil, pour into batter, and continue to blend until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, drop balls of cookie dough, about a tablespoon in size.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and serve with coconut milk.